ReDiscover the Holidays 2013!
Saturday, November 16
Sunday, November 17
The ReDiscover Speakers Bureau is a free service that provides speakers on mental health and substance abuse issues to groups and organizations in the Jackson County area. The purpose of our Speakers Bureau is to raise awareness of issues related to mental health and substance abuse and inform the community about services and programs available at ReDiscover. It is our hope that with increased knowledge of these issues we will reduce the stigma surrounding mental health.
Our speakers have professional expertise in a number of areas including:
- ADHD: signs, symptoms and treatment
- Substance Abuse and Treatment: services, symptoms and how to get treatment
- Matters of Mental Health (about ReDiscover, state of mental health in Missouri, funding and legislative issues)
- Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- Children’s Mental Health Issues: services, symptoms and how to get help
- Depression: symptoms, treatment and what to do about it
- Effective Parenting
- Managing Grief and Loss
- ReDiscover – your mental health and substance abuse resource
If a topic you are interested in is not listed, please call us and we may be able to tailor a program to fit your needs.
Are You Looking for a Speaker?To check on the availability of our speakers contact ReDiscover's Communications Office at 816.510.8552 or email.