The ReDiscover Speakers Bureau provides speakers on behavioral health to groups and organizations in the Jackson County area.
The purpose of our Speakers Bureau is to raise awareness of issues related to mental health and substance use disorders and to inform the community about services and programs available at ReDiscover. It is our hope that with increased knowledge of these issues we will reduce the stigma surrounding behavioral health.
Our speakers have professional expertise in a number of areas including:
- ADHD: signs, symptoms and treatment
- Substance Use Disorders and Treatment: services, symptoms and how to get treatment
- Matters of Mental Health (about ReDiscover, state of mental health in Missouri, funding and legislative issues)
- Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- Children’s Mental Health Issues: services, symptoms and how to get help
- Depression: symptoms, treatment and what to do about it
- Effective Parenting
- Managing Grief and Loss
- Stress Management
- General Wellness
- ReDiscover – your behavorial health resource
- Compassion Fatigue: self-care for caretakers