The ReDiscover Speakers Bureau provides speakers on mental health and substance abuse issues to groups and
organizations in the Jackson County area.
The purpose of our Speakers Bureau is to raise awareness of issues related to mental health and substance abuse and inform the community about services and programs available at ReDiscover. It is our hope that with increased knowledge of these issues we will reduce the stigma surrounding mental health.
Our speakers have professional expertise in a number of areas including:
- ADHD: signs, symptoms and treatment
- Substance Abuse and Treatment: services, symptoms and how to get treatment
- Matters of Mental Health (about ReDiscover, state of mental health in Missouri, funding and legislative issues)
- Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- Children’s Mental Health Issues: services, symptoms and how to get help
- Depression: symptoms, treatment and what to do about it
- Effective Parenting
- Managing Grief and Loss
- Stress Management
- General Wellness
- ReDiscover – your mental health and substance abuse resource
- Compassion Fatigue: self-care for caretakers
If a topic you are interested in is not listed, please call us and we may be able to tailor a program to fit your needs.
Are You Looking for a Speaker?To check on the availability of our speakers contact ReDiscover's Communications Office at 816.347.3201 or email.
ReDiscover's Speakers Bureau is a free service, donations are accepted.